The Tesla is an enemy encountered in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
Another version of this enemy is encountered earlier in the game and is known as a Failed Experiment.
The Tesla seems to be a monstrously large mutated Wretch that can move both as a quadruped and a biped. It also has many glowing electrical devices all over its body, making it easy to locate in dark areas.
It appears that their ability to shift between realities, or at least the devices that allow them to, is directly affected by temperature—the cooler it is, the more stable they are and the hotter it is, the more unstable they become (caused by vitae inside their cells, which shatters if not properly cooled).
This phasing makes the Tesla difficult to track, as it will disappear and reappear continuously. It is the greatest threat in the game and is able to kill Oswald in two hits.
Teslas appear in the following locations:
- Orgone Distribution Tanks (in a large room where the player becomes trapped)
- Electrogravitic Suppression - South Tower
- It is stated that the Tesla phases between our world and the other placeAlexander's home dimension or some other is unknown. —whether this is
- As the Tesla's body emanates electricity, it is likely that its name is inspired by the famous pioneer of electrical engineering Nikola Tesla.
- One of the files found in Tesla's in-game data was named "Tesla_mindf***_loop" which plays (for only a short time) after a Tesla pig spawns in an area. This is most likely a joke made by The Chinese Room.
|A Machine for Pigs monsters|