- "Precious eagle cactus fruit... help us."- Telephone in Mandus office.
- The Engineer - "Mandus... do you know me?"
Mandus - "Who are you? Where are my children?"
The Engineer - "Trapped, Mandus, far below us. The Machine is fouled, it is breached, it is flooded. The bulkheads are down, the children are encaged. If you help me, I can help you release them. Restore the power Mandus, drain the flooding and restart the great engines."
Mandus - "Where should I go? Hello... hello?"
- Telephone in corridor of Mandus' mansion.
- The Engineer - "The shaking ground you feel is our attempts to clear the floodwaters. Treachery Mandus, we were undone. Your children are trapped by this act, you must find them before it is too late."
Mandus - "What do you need me to do? How can I find them?"
The Engineer - "Always deeper Mandus. Through the piston room and into the tunnels, then find the bilge and flush the rotten water. I will help you where I can, but you must be swift, my little friend."
- Telephone in the Cellar
- "I have such visions to share with thee if my jaw be unshackled and you harvest the crust from my eyes. Make me clean Mandus, that my thoughts and words can unfouled be." - Telephone in Alley.
- "Hear me Mandus. I am compromised, our contacts must be brief and occasional. Beware the Wretches who populate this compound. The way you seek is under the pistons. When you meet the saboteur you will understand everything." - Telephone in Factory.
- "Quickly Mandus, find the entrance nearby. The children weep in the darkness and the floodwaters continue to rise." - Telephone in Factory Tunnels.
- "The lift has been sabotaged. You will have to find another way to the tunnels. Take great care in this place Mandus, it is the crucible of the evil that stalks these corridors." - Telephone in Factory Tunnels.
- "Faster Mandus. Drain the waters, open the way to the bilge pumps. We are waiting for you." - Telephone in the Factory Sewers.
- "And you came then to London and you set me upon a mantelpiece and then you went into the house and gathered the servants and we set, you and I, on re-crafting them and then you went into the garden and buried those tiny shattered skulls. Alone." - Spoken when descending the stairs in the Reactor level.
- "For your children Mandus, to spare them the world you have created. For us all." - Spoken when descending the stairs in the Reactor level.
- "Quickly, quickly the air is thin. Their little faces turn blue Mandus. They suffocate! They suffocate!" - Spoken when near the rods in the Reactor control room.
- "Now Mandus. Set them free. Set them all free!" - Spoken before touching the activation lever.
- "I live! I breathe again! I rise, I will rise to bleach the sky and still the water! I will spin the world wheel and set the future upon the path of redemption!" - Spoken after the Reactor has been reactivated.
- "My time is come! More pig! More pig!" - Spoken after the Machine has been reactivated.
- "Why do you ask Mandus? You know the answer well enough." - Spoken when entering Pressure Regulation in the Engine rooms.
- "What are you doing little piggy? Do you think I will allow you to sabotage me again?" - Spoken after sabotaging the Pressure Regulation system.
- "This is your doing, Mandus, this is what you dreamt into being." - Spoken when near the exit elevator in the Engine rooms.
- "You are too late. It begins. My work has begun. Kill them, my piggies, kill them all!" - Spoken when near the exit elevator in the Engine rooms.
- "Mandus! I know you are out here! I own this city, I am this city!" - Spoken when moving through the streets.
- "Redeem yourselves! Redemption is at hand! Enter the cleansing and set your souls free! For you are born into filth and will die as pigs. Only through my redemption can you ascend to the skies and claim the heavens as your kingdom. Fall on your knees! Ashes, ashes, bones and ashes. For the pile will reach critical and we can have such a burning that this city will shine as a beacon of redemption for the world!" - Spoken when moving through the streets.
- "Do you hear me Mandus? This is what you planned! This world is a machine! A Machine for Pigs! Fit only for the slaughtering of pigs! Whores, beggars, orphans, filthy degenerates. Pigs all. But I will purify the streets, cleanse this city, set the great industry free. I will clean the world, make it pure." - Spoken when moving through the streets.
- "You are too late Mandus, my great works are almost begun." - Spoken during the Pigline after Mandus proclaims he will destroy the Machine.
- "Hear me Mandus. My gears are adjust, my steam is built. Soon I will spill that blue water and split the egg, the atom, my soul and there will be a very great burning that we might make the world clean. Be proud for this is your doing. Until you steeped me in the blood of your own I was nothing but rotten architecture. You have made me and I will make the world anew."
- "I, Mandus? Of all the blood we have spilt together. The first drops fell from your hands alone." - Spoken after Mandus asks why his children were taken.
- "Mandus. Put aside your misguided crusade and let me save them. You may hate me Mandus, but I have seen the future, your twentieth century and let me tell you this: a far greater slaughter awaits you there. I seek to save the world by blood now, before millions fall beneath history, pushed under by blade, bullet and gas." - Spoken after entering the Electrogravitic Suppression tower.
- "Stop him! Stop him! Kill him!" - Spoken after charging all the Armonicas in the Tesla tower.
- "Mandus, listen to your heart, you know you are with me. You created me to save the world. I am your friend." - Spoken when entering the Temple.
- "Mandus, please. I am no more evil than you. We sought the same thing, to save humanity, ridding them of their painful, stupid, pointless lives." - Spoken when progressing through the Temple.
- "Mandus, stop. Think about what you are doing. For your children, Mandus." - Spoken when progressing through the Temple.
- "I did not kill your children, Mandus. You sacrificed them on the temple steps knowing what the coming century would do to them. Your sons will drown, lungs full of mud and sharpnel, on the banks of the Somme. You wanted to save them from the horror to come. That is the vision we shared. Everything we have built to avert this coming nightmare. You and I are one. We are the same, our souls are entangled. We deserve to make them free!" - Spoken when progressing through the Temple, when Mandus tells the Machine to not speak of his children.
- "I have stood knee deep in mud and bone and filled my lungs with mustard gas. I have seen two brothers fall. I have lain with holy wars and copulated with the autumnal fallout. I have dug trenches for the refugees; I have murdered dissidents where the ground never thaws and starved the masses into faith. A child's shadow burnt into the brickwork. A house of skulls in the jungle. The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century! They will eat them Mandus, they will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts!" - Spoken when ascending the stairs in the Temple.
- "I am begging you. You made me. You are my Creator, my Father. You cannot destroy me!" - Spoken when Mandus arrives at the top of the Temple.
- "Please Mandus no, for your children!" - Spoken when Mandus is about to sacrifice himself.
- "Daddy, Daddy, please don't kill me." - Dark Dream
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.