This is a page containing all quotes for Daniel.
- "Don't forget... Some things mustn't be forgotten. The shadow haunting me... I must hurry." "My name is Daniel, I live in London at... At... Mayfair..." "What have I done? This is crazy. Don't forget, Don't forget. I must stop him. Focus!" "My name is... Is... I am Daniel." - Daniel, at the very start of the game, stumbling through the Rainy Hall after drinking the amnesia drink.
- "You have to get out of here" - After taking the amnesia mixture.
- "That taste... that fragrance... Damascus rose!" - After taking the amnesia mixture.
- "What... What is this place?" - After taking the amnesia mixture.
- "The darkness... Closing in..." - Spoken randomly.
- "It's cold...It's so cold." - Spoken randomly.
- "Something is wrong, oh so wrong!" - Spoken randomly.
- "There is nothing left, everything is gone." - Spoken randomly.
- "The flicker, the bluish light..." - Referring to the orb.
- "Getting closer, somehow..." - Referring to the orb.
- "What was that!?" – When he hears the floorboards above him creak as someone or something walks around upstairs.
- "Someone's coming!" – Hearing a Gatherer approaching.
- "This shouldn't be!" - Spoken randomly.
- "Is anyone there?" - Spoken randomly.
- "What happened to her?" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "Maybe she knows..." - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "All dressed in blue." - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "That shimmering, blue light..." - Referring to the orb.
- "Just like Regent's Park." - Referring to the coliseum at Regent's Park.
- "Is she dead!?" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "Help her! Find a way!" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "No! Don't kill her!" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "The Shadow... It's close now..." - Spoken randomly.
- "Find her!" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "Get her back!" - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "She deserved it... that little..bitch." - Referring to the girl he killed.
- "Do whatever it takes!" - Daniel regains his resolve in the Chancel.
- "Who are you to question me!?" - Daniel expressing his own self-doubt in the Choir Entrance after having a flashback where he performed the 'blood warding ritual'
- "Hmm shouldn't trust him." - Daniel rejects the Baron's claims that he must offer himself up to the Shadow in order to redeem himself.
- "He's lying." - Daniel rejecting the Baron's claims
- "He sees what I see!" - After Daniel realises Alexander is psychic.
- "Get away! You shouldn't do that!" - While touching an object not relevant to the mission.
- "Should kill them all, burn this castle to the ground!" - Daniel contemplating his revenge.
- "He'll never see it coming." - Daniel contemplating his revenge.
- "Crush his skull! He deserves it!" - Daniel contemplating his revenge.
- "The blood! Use it for the ritual." - Daniel remembering the torture.
- "OH! NO! Argh!" - Daniel starts screaming as the Shadow finally captures and consumes him.
- "It was my greatest triumph...and I never looked back. You think I was afraid fleeing Brennenburg? Quite the contrary. I knew it was my purgatory - hellfire made to wash away my sins. There's no denying the things I've done. But I have paid my tribute. I gave them that awful man...I did the right thing." - Daniel, after stopping Alexander and avenging the innocent people who had been killed, assumes the Shadow no longer hunts him and leaves Brennenburg with a guilt-free conscience.
- Daniel: "Alexander, is it inside the castle?"
Alexander: "In a manner of speaking. Come, bring the lamp. You've been to the refinery have you not?"
Daniel: "I don't believe I have. Is it connected to the... what did you call it?"
Alexander: "The inner sanctum - my most precious chamber, Daniel. And it lies well beyond the refinery. In fact... it lies beneath the very stone of Brennenburg."
- Alexander bringing Daniel to the Refinery.
- Alexander: "Much of the castle is old and hasn't been tended to for centuries. When the shadow arrives, it won't take long until things start falling apart."
Daniel: "We are just buying time anyway. Let's do what we can".
Alexander: "There isn't much to be done about the wards. We should reinforce weak structures. The ground will tremble and there is a risk everything will cave in on us - especially downstairs. Here... here... and there. Let's get the servants working on it."
- Alexander and Daniel discussing reinforcing Brennenburg in anticipation of the Shadow's arrival.
- Alexander: "You have to be swift - when you activate the first one... [clicking stops] You hear that? If it stops, you'll have to start over."
Daniel: "Isn't all this a bit... excessive?"
Alexander: "You can never be too careful, Daniel"
- Alexander explaining how to access the hidden room in the Archives.
- Daniel: “It sure is dark in here.”
Alexander: “Yes, and there is a good reason for it. But you can light the lamp now if you wish.”
Daniel: “What’s the reason? For the darkness, that is”
Alexander: “Stay close – be careful not to stray.”
Daniel: “What’s the reason? Why is it so dark?”
Alexander: “Pay attention, Daniel. It’s important that you keep going straight and make sure not to stray.”
- Alexander showing Daniel around the Refinery.
- “My journal is gone. What would they want with my journal?” - Daniel realising his journal has been taken from the Guest Room.
- “The key! Please, let it be here.” - Daniel trying to find the key to the Machine Room.
- “Oh, thank God, there it is. Huh, I guess it is a good place to hide it then.” - Daniel after finding the key to the Machine Room.
- Alexander: "Daniel?"
Daniel: [gasp] "What?"
Alexander: "Still having nightmares, I see."
Daniel: "Yes, I can't shake them. They come every night."
Alexander: "We'll put a stop to them. You'll see."
- Alexander waking Daniel from a nightmare.
- Herbert: “Don’t forget your bag, Daniel.”
Daniel: “I won’t, Herbert.”
Herbert: “There is no shame in using a parasol in the desert. As it happens, it’s imperative to your survival.”
Daniel: “But it looks ridiculous.”
Herbert: “The shame will hurt much less than dying, I assure you.”
- Daniel and Herbert, during their Algerian exedition.
- Daniel: “You have an ascending room! Will it take us to the inner sanctum?”
Alexander: “It will definitely take care of the vertical part of our journey. So, you have ridden an elevator before?”
Daniel: “Yes, the Colosseum at Regent’s Park has one. It takes you to the gallery where you can view the panorama.”
Alexander: [chains clinking] “Good. This ride might be a little longer – and in the other direction.”[pulls lever; elevator rumbling]
- Alexander showing Daniel the Elevator.
- Alexander: “Come – this way.”
Daniel: “What was that”?
Alexander: “Forgive me. I should have warned you. One of my responsibilities as a baron is that of a prison warden. This is where criminals are locked up.”
Daniel: “Like a dungeon?”
Alexander: “Very much so. Come – don’t linger.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Prison.
- Daniel: “Where is she!? Where did she go!?”
Mother: [sobbing]“No, I won’t tell. I’ll never tell you!”
Daniel: “You are just making things worse. Look - this is no place for a young girl all by herself. She could be hurt or worse. There is no telling what horrors await down there.”
- Daniel interrogating the mother of the escaped girl.
- Daniel: “Hey you! Stop!”
Daughter: “Don’t come any closer! I just want to leave.”
Daniel: “You can’t go outside! It’s too dangerous!”
Daughter: “I’m telling Gabriel.”
Daniel: “I doubt that very much.”
- Daniel chasing after the escaped girl.
- Daniel: “So you use the drain sewers as a means of transport?”
Alexander: “Yes - they were built to divert water from an underground spring and are quite spacious. It seemed only natural to incorporate it into the overall structure.”
Daniel: “But we won’t be using it.”Alexander: “Not today. The flow is seasonal and when the spring runs dry, the damp tunnels produce a rather poisonous type of fungi. There is an antidote of course - but we won’t be bothering with it today. Come, this way instead. We’re almost there.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Cistern Entrance.
- Daniel: “Herbert, how did we find this place?”
Herbert: “An old friend back in Algiers gave me a map.”
Daniel: “Why isn’t he with us? Didn’t he want to come?”
Herbert: “He wanted to Daniel. But things don’t always turn out the way we plan.”
- Herbert and Daniel discussing Faraj.
- Daniel: “You are conserving water from the spring.”
Alexander: “Yes, it enables me to control the water in the drain sewers to some extent. Also, it can be used for all sorts of purposes.”
Daniel: “Like for drinking.”
Alexander: “Well, that too. But mostly to run different machines.”
Daniel: “Ahh… like water mills.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Cistern.
- Alexander: “Do you see Daniel? It has yielded.”
Alexander: “The shadow.”
Daniel: “It has?”
Alexander: “For now. Come; let’s get this out of here so we can get some peace.”
Daniel: “Yes, lets. Where to?”
Alexander: “Just down the corridor. To the morgue.”
Daniel: “Are there more – dead men there?”
Alexander: “You did well, Daniel. Come, let’s get going.”
- Daniel and Alexander, on their way to the Morgue.
- Alexander: “These cells are meant to hold prisoners who are under treatment. The people you send for will end up here. Remember that the confinement itself works as a preamble to the torture and you should pace yourself. Don’t take anyone before they are ready.”
Alexander: “Sounds from the torture chambers are shuffled in through those pipes in the ceiling. Manage your victims well and let one prisoner’s pain instill terror in his cellmate."
- Alexander explaining torture practices to Daniel.
- Prisoner: “Let me go, you brute!” [grunts]
Daniel: “The Cradle is ready.”
Prisoner: “You? You're a man… How can you partake in this!?”
Daniel: “Is he alright?”
Alexander: “He is one of the wicked. Don’t pay his lies any attention.”
Prisoner: “I’m not a bad man. It was an accident…”
Alexander: “He set a man on fire.”
Prisoner: “It wasn’t my fault! Why won’t anyone listen!?”
Daniel: “That’s horrible.”
Alexander: “Of course – we are dealing with monsters here.”
- Daniel and Alexander preparing a man for torture.
- Alexander: “The wheel is good for keeping your victim still during the procedure. They can be bound around the circumference or simply stretched across, tying limbs to the spokes and rim. All tools are, by this point, useful and you may administer the torture in any way you like. But the forte of the wheel is the gaps. When you have decided that the victim shall die, you can smash their limbs with a hammer, making them fold in between the frame.”
Daniel: “But they’ll die – too quickly, I mean.”
Alexander: “No, don’t worry. The human body is much more resilient. They can survive for days until they finally succumb.”
- Alexander explaining torture practices to Daniel.
- Alexander: “Just a little further.”
Daniel: “It’s like Orpheus descending into the underworld!”
Alexander: “Are you hiding something?”
Daniel: “What do you mean?”
Alexander: “Never mind. Your intuition is – remarkable.”
Daniel: “I’m not sure I’m following.”
Alexander: “It doesn’t matter. It’s just a myth after all.”
- Daniel and Alexander entering the Chancel.
Daniel will also speak aloud the various Diary Entries that can be found around the castle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.