- "Is he safe? Well, it's for his own good." – Alexander murmurs this while Daniel wanders the Prison Northern Block, not realising he can hear the thoughts.
- "Soon it will be ready. Let there be enough time." - Alexander is in the Orb Chamber still making final preparations for the ritual to return to his home-world.
- "He escaped!? Where is he now?" - He shouts this when Daniel is making progress in the corridors while evading his Gatherers.
- "Daniel, is that you? What are you doing?" - Alexander communicates with Daniel who is busy repairing machinery in Control Room.
- "I hear you breathing Daniel. Do you hear me? Have you changed your mind?" - Alexander talks via telepathy to Daniel when enters the Morgue.
- "Daniel! Turn around this instant. You are carrying the Shadow with you!" -Alexander becomes frantic as the Guardian comes nearer. As Daniel goes deep into the Sewers the Shadow following him is breaking down reality and killing his monstrous servants.
- "Is this guilt I'm witnessing, Daniel? If so, blame yourself. You started this. You sent me that letter asking for help and this is how you repay me? How dare you!" - Alexander expresses his outrage as Daniel explores the Chancel.
- "Daniel. You have gone too far. I have to stop you. I can't let you proceed any further. I'm sorry, my friend." - Alexander threatening Daniel after he opens the doors to allow him access to the rest of the Nave.
- "What are my intentions, Daniel? Salvation. It used to be yours. But now you only seek misplaced revenge. How do you justify your violence? Is it for the greater good? Are you doing the world a service? It is you who caused all this pain and death. If you had accepted your fate and submitted to the Orb when you first discovered it, none of this would have happened. It is curiosity in league with your selfishness that is killing us both." - Alexander talks via telepathy to Daniel when enters the Choir Main Hall.
- "You had me worried. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what to do with you. I hold no grudge against you, Daniel. We are so very much the same, you and I. Did you really drink from the Amnesia mixture? It does explain so much of your behaviour. You never did finish what you set out to do. You talked about redemption. How you would face the Orb's Shadow and save our work – and me? I will grant you another chance to redeem yourself. You can wait here and stop the Shadow. Thank you – friend." – Alexander giving Daniel an ultimatum in the prison cells, hoping he'll offer himself up as a sacrifice to the vengeful Shadow so he can use its orb and escape this world.
- "I was wondering if you were going to show up." - Alexander speaking directly to Daniel in person as he enters the Inner Sanctum's Orb Chamber.
- "I see Agrippa convinced you to run some errands. Tell me, is everything nice and clear now? Am I the villain? Good and evil. Such comforting concepts - but hardly applicable. Are you so blind that you see no good in me? Or evil in Agrippa?" - Only spoken if Daniel has made Weyer's Tonic for Agrippa.
- "It saddens me to see you filled with such hate. Is vengeance really what you seek? I hoped you of all people could appreciate the grave nature of this situation. After all, it has always been your life we were fighting for. Isn't it worth a little... sacrifice? Come, help me finish the ritual. There's still time before the shadow catches up with you." - Spoken if Daniel has not completely created the tonic for Agrippa.
- "Do you see, Daniel? A whole other world - isn't it beautiful? I can finally return... home. But you... I am sorry Daniel. You won't be able to enter. You are still tainted - branded by the Shadow. It will consume you either way." - Alexander remarks his departure to his home-world as the portal opens and apologises to Daniel that he cannot escape his fate.
- "Thank you my friend. Your sacrifice wont be forgotten. You will be celebrated, forever!" - Alexander thanking Daniel after he successfully returns home, while the hapless young man is devoured by the Shadow.
- "No, you fool! You have ruined us!" - Alexander expresses his horror and bewilderment as Daniel throws in Agrippa's head before Alex can enter the portal, as they are both consumed together by the Shadow for abusing the orb's power.
- "No, don't do that." - Spoken when Daniel topples over the first pylon.
- "I realise, you doubt my intentions. Why would I take such extreme measures to save your life? Maybe, I'm saving mine too." - Alexander tries to distract Daniel while he continues with the ritual.
- "Stop it Daniel, you are ruining it. We are so close - I beg you." - Uttered when Daniel knocks down the second pylon.
- "I'm just like you, Daniel. A prisoner of circumstance. Trapped in a world I no longer recognise. As you gain your freedom, will you deny me mine? We are so close now. Closer than I've been for centuries." - Alexander becomes increasingly desperate and pleads with Daniel to let him finish the ritual.
- "No, you fool! You killed us - You killed us both!" - Alexander screams when Daniel topples the last pillar and ruins the ritual and Alexander is dissolved in a blue light.
- Daniel: "Alexander, is it inside the castle?"
Alexander: "In a manner of speaking. Come, bring the lamp. You've been to the refinery have you not?"
Daniel: "I don't believe I have. Is it connected to the... what did you call it?"
Alexander: "The inner sanctum - my most precious chamber, Daniel. And it lies well beyond the refinery. In fact... it lies beneath the very stone of Brennenburg."
- Alexander bringing Daniel to the Refinery.
- "Hmmm... There should be more Cuprite. Let me see, let me see... And one part Aqua Fortis." - Alexander trying to create artificial Vitae.
- Alexander: "Much of the castle is old and hasn't been tended to for centuries. When the shadow arrives, it won't take long until things start falling apart."
Daniel: "We are just buying time anyway. Let's do what we can".
Alexander: "There isn't much to be done about the wards. We should reinforce weak structures. The ground will tremble and there is a risk everything will cave in on us - especially downstairs. Here... here... and there. Let's get the servants working on it."
- Alexander and Daniel discussing reinforcing Brennenburg in anticipation of the Shadow's arrival.
- Alexander: "You have to be swift - when you activate the first one... [clicking stops] You hear that? If it stops, you'll have to start over."
Daniel: "Isn't all this a bit... excessive?"
Alexander: "You can never be too careful, Daniel"
- Alexander explaining how to access the hidden room in the Archives.
- Daniel: “It sure is dark in here.”
Alexander: “Yes, and there is a good reason for it. But you can light the lamp now if you wish.”
Daniel: “What’s the reason? For the darkness, that is”
Alexander: “Stay close – be careful not to stray.”
Daniel: “What’s the reason? Why is it so dark?”
Alexander: “Pay attention, Daniel. It’s important that you keep going straight and make sure not to stray.”
- Alexander showing Daniel around the Refinery.
- “Let’s see what you have to offer. [dog whimpering; Alexander grunting as he saws] Ugh… what a mess. I should have sharpened the saw. But I can sense it. It’s definitely there.” - Alexander trying to extract Vitae from animals.
- Alexander: "Daniel?"
Daniel: [gasp] "What?"
Alexander: "Still having nightmares, I see."
Daniel: "Yes, I can't shake them. They come every night."
Alexander: "We'll put a stop to them. You'll see."
- Alexander waking Daniel from a nightmare.
- Daniel: “You have an ascending room! Will it take us to the inner sanctum?”
Alexander: “It will definitely take care of the vertical part of our journey. So, you have ridden an elevator before?”
Daniel: “Yes, the Colosseum at Regent’s Park has one. It takes you to the gallery where you can view the panorama.”
Alexander: [chains clinking] “Good. This ride might be a little longer – and in the other direction.”[pulls lever; elevator rumbling]
- Alexander showing Daniel the Elevator.
- Alexander: “Come – this way.”
Daniel: “What was that”?
Alexander: “Forgive me. I should have warned you. One of my responsibilities as a baron is that of a prison warden. This is where criminals are locked up.”
Daniel: “Like a dungeon?”
Alexander: “Very much so. Come – don’t linger.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Prison.
- Daniel: “So you use the drain sewers as a means of transport?”
Alexander: “Yes - they were built to divert water from an underground spring and are quite spacious. It seemed only natural to incorporate it into the overall structure.”
Daniel: “But we won’t be using it.”Alexander: “Not today. The flow is seasonal and when the spring runs dry, the damp tunnels produce a rather poisonous type of fungi. There is an antidote of course - but we won’t be bothering with it today. Come, this way instead. We’re almost there.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Cistern Entrance.
- Daniel: “You are conserving water from the spring.”
Alexander: “Yes, it enables me to control the water in the drain sewers to some extent. Also, it can be used for all sorts of purposes.”
Daniel: “Like for drinking.”
Alexander: “Well, that too. But mostly to run different machines.”
Daniel: “Ahh… like water mills.”
- Alexander showing Daniel the Cistern.
- Alexander: “Do you see Daniel? It has yielded.”
Alexander: “The shadow.”
Daniel: “It has?”
Alexander: “For now. Come; let’s get this out of here so we can get some peace.”
Daniel: “Yes, lets. Where to?”
Alexander: “Just down the corridor. To the morgue.”
Daniel: “Are there more – dead men there?”
Alexander: “You did well, Daniel. Come, let’s get going.”
- Daniel and Alexander, on their way to the Morgue.
- Alexander: “These cells are meant to hold prisoners who are under treatment. The people you send for will end up here. Remember that the confinement itself works as a preamble to the torture and you should pace yourself. Don’t take anyone before they are ready.”
Alexander: “Sounds from the torture chambers are shuffled in through those pipes in the ceiling. Manage your victims well and let one prisoner’s pain instill terror in his cellmate."
- Alexander explaining torture practices to Daniel.
- Prisoner: “How much more, Baron? How much more am I supposed to withstand? Kill me already! Kill me!
Alexander: “This one, prepare him.”
- Alexander preparing a torture victim for Daniel.
- Prisoner: “Let me go, you brute!” [grunts]
Daniel: “The Cradle is ready.”
Prisoner: “You? You're a man… How can you partake in this!?”
Daniel: “Is he alright?”
Alexander: “He is one of the wicked. Don’t pay his lies any attention.”
Prisoner: “I’m not a bad man. It was an accident…”
Alexander: “He set a man on fire.”
Prisoner: “It wasn’t my fault! Why won’t anyone listen!?”
Daniel: “That’s horrible.”
Alexander: “Of course – we are dealing with monsters here.”
- Daniel and Alexander preparing a man for torture.
- Alexander: “The wheel is good for keeping your victim still during the procedure. They can be bound around the circumference or simply stretched across, tying limbs to the spokes and rim. All tools are, by this point, useful and you may administer the torture in any way you like. But the forte of the wheel is the gaps. When you have decided that the victim shall die, you can smash their limbs with a hammer, making them fold in between the frame.”
Daniel: “But they’ll die – too quickly, I mean.”
Alexander: “No, don’t worry. The human body is much more resilient. They can survive for days until they finally succumb.”
- Alexander explaining torture practices to Daniel.
- Alexander: “Just a little further.”
Daniel: “It’s like Orpheus descending into the underworld!”
Alexander: “Are you hiding something?”
Daniel: “What do you mean?”
Alexander: “Never mind. Your intuition is – remarkable.”
Daniel: “I’m not sure I’m following.”
Alexander: “It doesn’t matter. It’s just a myth after all.”
- Daniel and Alexander entering the Chancel.
- Alexander: “Agrippa? I need you to stay awake. Can you feel the syringe?”
Agrippa: “No, I can’t feel anything. Alexander?”
Agrippa: “Soon, I won’t even be able to move, will I?”
Alexander: “Your life is safe.”
Agrippa: “I don’t doubt that - but will it be worth living?”
- Alexander putting Agrippas conciousness inside of a rotted husk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.