- "Paint the man, cut the lines. Paint the man, cut the lines!"
- ― Daniel's diary
The Choir Entrance is a short hall consisting of a staircase and one room on either side. In the room to the right a torture device and some supplies can be found. The room on the left contains a journal entry that will trigger an interactive flashback where Daniel brutally kills a prisoner by tracing lines painted on his chest with a curved dagger. At low sanity, bodies will appear to hang from the ceiling in the corridor.
- Two tinderboxes can be found in the room to your right as you enter the Choir Entrance. One is on a table to the left, and another is in the corner on the floor to your right.(127 & 128)
- Daniel's Diary - The Ceremony - It's on the torture device in the room on your left. Picking it up triggers an interactive cutscene.
- Experiencing the flashback will leave the player with very low sanity after it ends, which may make exploring the Choir Main Hall become more dangerous in low sanity.
- The Prison and the Choir are the two areas of the game that technically consist of two separate locations.
- The dagger item in the "paint the man" flashback has an inventory description of "A blade meant for cutting and skinning." However, because the inventory can't be accessed during the flashback, the text goes unseen in normal gameplay.
|The Dark Descent locations|
|Main campaign||Brennenburg Castle locations||Rainy Hall • Old Archives • Entrance Hall • Archives • Wine Cellar • Laboratory • Refinery • Cellar Archives • Archive Tunnels • Back Hall • Storage • Guest Room • Study • Machine Room • Elevator • Prison: Southern Block • Prison: Northern Block • Cistern Entrance • Control Room • Cistern • Morgue • Sewer • Nave • Chancel • Transept • Choir Entrance • Choir - Main Hall • Cells • Inner Sanctum • Orb Chamber|
|Other locations||London • Algeria • Altstadt • Tomb of Tin Hinan • Zimmermann Farm|
|Justine campaign||Cabinet of Perturbation||Cells • Library • Dungeon • Crypt|
|Other locations||Florbelle Estate|