This is a list of update patches which have been released for Amnesia: Rebirth. The patches may introduce new features or content, optimizations, bug-fixes, etc. The player must download the latest patch before playing the game.
Patch 1.04 - October 23, 2020
- Tone down of Fear Flashes.
- Fixed several blockers.
- Potential fix for GUI missing.
- Various fixes.
Patch 1.0 - October 20, 2020
- Game released.
Adventure Mode – March 30, 2021
- Adds a new mode, "Adventure Mode", that allows players to experience the game with reduced scares
- Monsters still exist in the game, but they won’t attack you anymore.
- Locations that contained pitch black darkness have been brightened up a lot, making environments possible to explore at one’s own pace, allowing for easier navigation and removes some of the oppressive atmosphere.
- No active fear mechanic, meaning that you don’t have to worry about taking fear from being in darker areas or near monsters.
- A few bonus puzzles.
Patch 1.23 – February 18, 2021
- UI bugfixes.
Patch 1.2 – November 6, 2020
- Custom Stories can now be selected from the main menu.
- The editors used in the development of Amnesia: Rebirth have been added to the install directory of the game.
- Fear is no longer increased while reading notes.
- Disabling Video Distortion now disables the pulsing tilt and zoom effect while standing in darkness.
- Inventory can now be opened with D-Pad Up on gamepads that don’t have a View/Back button.
- Fixed a major bug where the game would be stuck on a black screen after the intro.
- Fixed a bug where the game would not progress after a major late-game cutscene.
- Fixed a bug where some memories could not be replayed from the sketchbook.
- Fixed a bug where some objects wouldn’t play sounds while being dragged across the floor.
- Various other bugfixes.
Patch 1.1 - October 29, 2020
- Skip memories by holding down the interact button.
- Linux graphics glitch fixed.
- Various blockers and bugs fixed.
??? - April 29, 2021
- Adventure Mode is available in the PlayStation 4 version.
- PlayStation 5 upgrade for the PS4 version of Amnesia: Rebirth that increases performance to 60 frames per second.